Montrose provides a full range of design services ensuring cost-effective and sustainable results, robust management solutions, world class technical inputs, and evidence-based, adaptive review.
All Montrose contracts are delivered with a detailed work plan (including budget and Gantt chart); internal contract review mechanism and performance monitoring framework; communications plan; and a health, safety and security plan including a project specific risk register.
We believe in combining high quality and targeted technical specialists with a strong national team, to ensure the projects are appropriate to fluid local contexts, sensitive to political economy pressures, and retain the highest level of technical inputs.
Our approaches provide a range of design services which include:
- Stakeholder engagement through key informant interviews, focus group discussions and online surveys – these aim to provide a breadth of contextual information, identify effective project entry points, and highlight areas of potential synergy with existing interventions
- Programme and project level logframe design, theory of change development, and measurement of indicators, outputs and outcomes
- Value for money (VfM) planning and economic scenario building from the onset, focusing not only on the economic factors around commercial budgeting, but also recommending long-term VfM management models to ensure effective delivery
- Scoping studies to provide a range of feasible and costed technical options for the client’s review
With extensive understanding of our clients, Montrose guarantees a level of responsiveness, professionalism and technical excellence, and values a growing number of repeat contracts as a result. We have significant experience of implementing programmes across Africa and Asia. We work effectively in highly complex, fragile and conflicted affected states. We maintain a large network of partners, managers and technical experts in all our areas of operation, ensuring we can quickly mobilise niche technical experts as well as significant local support teams. We deliver innovative solutions to development challenges, and ensure our clients have the evidence they need to make well informed decisions.
Our management services are spread across a range of health, education, economic development, and systems strengthening projects, and include:
- Appropriate, skilled and effective resourcing – ensuring a balance of local and international experts
- Broad range of service delivery experience – including health systems strengthening, capacity development, health service delivery, maternal and newborn health interventions, disease control programming, public health campaigns, sanitation programmes, school construction, teacher training, education materials development, scholarship programmes, essential skills training, social accountability interventions; livelihoods and SME development
- Streamlined and professional internal management systems – guaranteeing clear workplans, delivery on target, and risk management, including robust duty of care systems
- Fully compliant and transparent financial management of directly contracted programmes and funds. We provide clear reporting, financial review, budget control and due diligence, while also guaranteeing financially astute managers and commercially attractive operational overheads
- Effective performance management – ensuring clear reporting against targets, monitoring and evaluation strategies, value for money planning and analysis